Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Traveling to Arkansas

Neil and I had the opportunity to visit with his family in Arkansas in the beginning of August. It was a crazy FAST trip. We got to fly in and out of Redding though, so that was super nice not having that extra travel time to an airport. I was very nervous about all the traveling with the girls, but the Lord is a miracle worker and I only drove my family slightly crazy.  Neil tells me I am THAT crazy lady every one laughs at (from a distance).  I used to be very spontaneous, but since I had my girls, I have a very hard time just going and doing. Now I have to plan and think about it. Really annoying! Even for me. I am not sure I like this new trait in myself. Anyway, not what we are taking about.
We had a pretty long layover in San Fran, so I got to start taking pictures early. For all the switching and flying we did, all the kids did really well. But I took too many pictures to post in one blog. And it has been so long since I blogged that I figured I should drag it out. So here are some pictures of our traveling to Arkansas.

Tessa playing with her stickers
Bella and Abby playing with their stickers
Abby watching the planes out the big windows.
Alicia and Dixie
Neil killing some time.
Abby, Bella and Anna headed down to the Kids Zone.
Tessa trying to get in on the fun and making it a little more crazy.
Anna and Jack watching the planes.
This VERY nice, random stranger let the kids play on her iphone. At first it was just one of them. I don't know who started it, but really quick they were all over there trying to get in on the fun. The lady was really nice and let them look and then pretty quickly found a new place to sit.
Finally back on a plane and on our way to Little Rock. This is mostly what Abby did on the plane. It was really nice that we got to take her car seat. I think it helped that it was familiar. And a plus was, we could strap her down.
Anna loved writing on her board. It was the best buck spent. She wrote on it for hours.
Well, here's to a finally making a new post. And hopefully I will get to post more pics from our trip soon. So check back.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

All great pics and I am glad you survived the trip. I love the two pics 1.) of you and mom and 2.) tessa playing with her stickers.

Brenda Walker said...

cute pictures! Glad you had fun!

Dixie said...

It was a good time. The pictures are lovely as usual. I especially like the ones where you see the back of the children. I know I am weird.