Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Arkansas Trip (Part 2)

The second half of our trip was spent with Neil's sister Tammy and her family. Her oldest boy, Curtiss was chosen to play on an All-Star Baseball team, so we only got to see him for one day. (His team won though, so I hope he had a great time.) I made sure to take some pictures with the girls and their cousins before Curtiss left. Curtiss and Craig have gotten some new pets since the last time we saw them. Their names are Darla and Slinky. They are ferrets. Anna loved watching them run around and chase each other. It was so cute to hear her yell "Darla" whenever they would disappear.

Anna with her Uncle Scott. He could sure get her laughing.

Anna had a blast following Craig around. I think Craig didn't enjoy it nearly has much as Anna did! :) We got to see some very clever things that Craig has been making. Curtiss and Craig are some VERY clever boys. Craig is making a bow just the way the Indians used to. He is also chipping his own arrowheads. It always cracks me up the things those boys can come up with. I was NEVER that creative when I was a kid. I'm not even that creative now!!!

Craig is also in a golfing class, so he really wanted to take his Uncle Neil out on the course. It was so fun. I had actually never been to a golf course before. Tammy, the girls and I wanted to go too, so we got three golf carts for three golfers. Tammy and I sat in the shade of our golf cart and chatted, while Anna went from cart to cart to Daddy. Anna got a new friend from her Aunt Tammy. He is just as soft as her favorite friend, Puppy. So he is making a great cuddlier.

My favorite thing that we got to do is go to a junk yard. It had the coolest name, "The Junk Yard Dog". I have been trying to collect license plates from every state for several years now. I got 6 new states while at the junkyard. A few I already had, but I didn't have that style. I now have 26 states, so I am just over half way there. It is so silly, you're are not allowed to get license plates from junk yards in California, so I only get the chance to look when I go out of state. I love going to the different places and looking at all the cars they have there. It is like a treasure hunt for me.
There were some many good pictures I wanted to share, but this post is already packed pretty full. Thank You Tammy and Scott for spoiling us while we were there. We haven't eaten that yummy in a very long time. I loved that white browine, strawberry, chocolate thing. I was very sad when I forgot to eat a second piece. And that was the best carrot cake I have ever had!! No wonder it is Scott's favorite!

5 comments:

Nicole said...

What are you doing with your collection? I think you should nail them to you fence in the back yard. :) Love your finds!

Jenn said...

Thanks for posting pics of my family for me. Looks like fun was had by all. I dont understnad how Nicole has no clue what you are doing with your finds???? Is that possible that she has not seen what you make.

Dixie said...

I must say you are a cleaver as the boys are. You are the one we turn to when we need a impressive project done in a unique way. The pictures where very enjoyable. I am sure there are more to look at though.

Faith Klocke said...

Sounds like you had fun. I now have a new blog. it is mygreatlife-faith. so come check it out.

Faith Klocke said...

have you been checking my blog????