Neil and I have been Arkansas for the past week. It was a packed week full of family. Of course I took too many pictures to fit into one post so this is the first half of our trip. We flew out of Reno on Monday (the 13th) at 2:30pm and landed in Little Rock at 10:40pm. Then we rented a car and drove to Uncle Charles and Aunt Martha's house. We arrived at their home at 1:00am. The first thing Anna said to Aunt Martha when she opened the door of the van was "Cookie". And of course Aunt Martha had the cookie jar full. So Anna had her cookie at 1:00 in the morning. Silly girl! But hey, she's on vacation!
When we got to the car rental place at the airport, the guy behind the counter said they didn't have anymore cars the size we reserved, so we got a free upgrade, to a Mini Van! Neil was NOT very excited about that! He said he felt like a dork! But it was actually REALLY nice. It had the automatic doors and a DVD player and it was really quick.
The flights went pretty well. Neil and I both had our own row each flight on the way there. Anna had two seats to herself and she could never decide where to sit, so she was constantly moving the whole flight! Abby pretty much just sat and watched and slept! When we walked out of the airport in Little Rock my eye glasses fogged up. It was 11:00 at night and humid!!!




It was so fun to get to sit and visit with Neil's uncle, aunt and grandmother. We sat around and shelled peas one morning. Then Aunt Martha cooked them and we ate them for lunch. We even had turnip greens one day. Neil's dad loves turnip greens. Neil and I, not so much! :)
They have a really big piece of land that is pretty fun to hunt on. So we went for a walk one day and Neil scoped it out. Aunt Martha even has some tree stands set up to hunt deer out of. Uncle Charles has a plane that Anna got to climb around in.



Anna had a lot of fun playing on the piano. She was so cute sitting there wiggling her little head around while she was singing "LaLa" and banging on the keys. I took a little video of her that I will post later.

This is Abby with her name sake. We named Abby after Neil's G.G. They have the same middle name. Louise. It was so fun to watch them play together. I think they both got a kick out of each other. I am so glad that we got to go and that G.G. got to meet Abby!!!
It was a blast to finally get to see the farm. Thank you so much Aunt Martha, Uncle Charles, G.G. and Leann for having us and taking such good care of us.
(Check back for part 2)
1 comment:
Yah! You're back! You must of did okay packing light! It sounds like a memorable trip. :)
Post a Comment