Saturday, May 03, 2008

Day One! this one is for you Aunt Nancy!

First let me start by saying . . .
HAPPY BIRTHDAY FAITH!
I LOVE YOU!!!
Hope you are having fun!

For those of you how don't know, my parents have taken Brenda, Emily, Anna and I down to LA to visit my grandparents. It will be the first time the girls will meet a lot of my dad's family. And the first road trip for Anna. I haven't seen this side of the family in about a year and a half. So we are really looking forward to it. My grandparents also got a new place, so it will be nice to see that too. And sense we will be so close to Anaheim we are going to squeeze in a day trip to Disneyland! I mean if you have an extra day you might as well!
Saying Goodbye to Daddy!

It is always so hard to say goodbye to Neil, but it was even harder for me on Friday because of Anna. She just loves her Daddy! ( in fact she said "Da Da" for the first time on Thursday. Neil swears she did! I didn't hear her, but Neil assures me that she did! ) :) She is doing so many fun things now and everyday it seems like she is learning new stuff. She is so smart!
Let the Road Trip begin!

Well, some how we fit a boy, five girls and all our stuff in one vehicle! And let me tell you Klockes don't know the meaning of "pack light!" It is actually pretty impressive! We stopped I think a total of four times on the way down to let the girls out to wiggle and what have you. All in all they did really awesome. Em watched Cinderella and Anna played with her toys and talked to Grandma. Their sleeping and eating schedule was way off by the time we got here, but they actually slept great last night. It is Anna's first time in a hotel room. It is Anna's first time away from home over-night actually!
Anna and Emily with Grandma K

Anna with Grandpa K

Today is my grandparents 65th wedding anniversary. So they got a bunch of the family together for lunch this afternoon at Olive Garden. It was nice to sit around and chat with everyone and we passed the girls around. They did so well being held by new people. I think they knew it was family. Anna just snuggled right up to Uncle Mark and Aunt Nancy. (Who I just found out today is a regular reader. So I thought I would but a picture of you! Love You. It was so nice to see you today! )
Cousin Michelle, Aunt Jan and Grandma K looking on.

Aunt Nancy! with Grandpa K, cousin Candice and Uncle Mark in the back ground.

After lunch my dad drove us around to different stores and we got to shop a little. We went to a Babies R' Us. That was so much fun! I love that they let you sample everything. You can get the strollers down and push them around or put the car seats on a car seat they have on display. Hey Erica they had your bedding on display in one of the cribs! It was real cute and really soft! I didn't get to see the quilt though, just the bumper pads.
This has been such a relaxing trip so far. We don't really have a schedule to keep, just a few things here and there. So we are just kind of poking around. It is so fun! Hey here is a funny story. I about died on my orange juice this moring when my dad's hard boiled egg literally rolled out the door. The funniest part was seeing him jump up to chase it!
Well, I guess that is all for today. Hopefully we get internet access at our next hotel so I can blog again. We leave for Anahiem tomorrow. It is going to be fun packing all this stuff back in the suburban again!
I love you Neil and miss you a ton. I worked on Anna saying Da Da today. She had the cutest laugh today. Right from her belly and just keep going and going! So Sweet! You are my favorite! I love you!

3 comments:

Keith said...

I must be a kid at heart. It was the Hot Wheels logo that kept me reading. LOL wonderful pictures, and fun blog.

Anonymous said...

How fun to look at all the pics, it was great to see all of you too at lunch! Especially the "precious" new little nieces!!! I absolutely love the one of Anna with Tigger!! Thanks for sharing your precious little darling with me!! Love to all of you!!!

Anonymous said...

sorry my comment says "anonymous"! Its Aunt Nancy!! (not quite sure how to work this blog, can you tell?)