Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The end of an Era!

Does this quailfy as an era? Well, . . .my blog! I am calling it an era.

Since we are living in such a tiny little place, Anna has been sleeping in a bassinet since she was born. Well, I think 5 1/2 months is the max for her. And really it is pretty insane that she has made it this long. It is a pretty small bassinet. She has been sleeping great since she was about a month and a half old. But no more. This past week every morning at 2:30 and 3:30 and 4:30 she is waking up all fussy. Then she sleeps great until 7:00 ( The cat meows to get out at 5:30!) I am pretty sure she is killing me slowly. So Neil and I are going to have to find a new spot for her in the trailer. I'm not really sure how that is going to work, but I can tell you this is not! I don't know how families with more than one kid and kids that move can keep their sanity. I have people tell me all the time, "Oh yeah we lived in a trailer while we built." I don't know how. And basically all we do in there is sleep. But not well! At least not this week!
Here is a real cute picture of Anna. I took this for Valentin's Day. Isn't she so pretty! I just love her laugh and smile. It is so adorable!

Here is a picture of the kitchen area with the cabinets in. The counter tops are not on yet, but you can get a little idea of how it looks. And you can see the plant shelf above the kitchen too. We have some real cute pendant lights that will hang at the edge of the plant shelf. And I am ordering a real cute lamp today to put up there. I think I am going to try and make it look kind of like a library up there. Put a small bookshelf and globes and maps. I think that will look really good. I could be wrong though. I am not that fabulous of a decorator, so we will see.




3 comments:

Jessica said...

Wow I am surprised that Anna made it longer in the bassent than Wesley. He was so little. I think he lasted 4-5 months... I can't even remember how sad. That was only 7 months ago. So many memories to remember those details seem to work their way out... Look online I have seen travel bed that fold up like a tent... maybe something like that, That way you can get it out of the way every morning. Not sure if that will work though

The Hathaways said...

She is so cute! That's too bad that she's not sleeping as good as she used too. Hopefully she'll start sleeping good again soon. It only took Sophi 3 months to get back to her normal sleeping pattern :) The house is looking great. I bet you can't wait to move in!

Kristen said...

You know about a month or so ago Jt was waking up at night, when he had been sleeping through so it could be the age... But it looks like she needs some wiggle room! I love your house! Is the floor plan from the ones in Valleybrook?