We have been crazy busy on the house. It is getting harder to be patcient now that we are getting closer to being done. We still have so much to do, but it is really starting to look like a house on the inside. The interior paint is done (except for a little touch up) and Neil started laying the tile. It is his first time to do tile so we will see how much more he wants to do after he is done with the hall bath. So far it looks pretty good. I am trying to talk him into pink grout! 
By the way did you know that there is a correct order to paint in and a VERY INCORRECT order! The painting took so much longer than it should have. We painted the ceiling first and then we were going to paint the walls. Well, I don't know why, but when we got to that stage we hit a wall. I could have hit a wall! Apparently we were supposed to start with the trim, the thing we were going to paint last! So after about three days of just staring, we finally decided to start over and pretend that we had painted nothing. We painted the trim and then taped it off completely! and then we painted the walls and taped them off completely and then we painted the ceiling again. It was kind of crazy but it does look really good. We still have some hand painting to do, but we are both avoiding that! :)
This is a picture of all the walls and trim taped off. It took us a whole day just to do the taping. But once we did start over and did stuff in the right order, things went so much smoother!Our cabinets went in this week too. I will put some pictures up when I have pictures of the stucco.
2 comments:
Glad you got your computer up and running. Can't wait to have play dates at your house this spring. It is looking great!!
Brenda
I'm finally leaving a message. Bet your surprised.:)
Your house is looking pretty exciting. Let's get together soon. Also, we miss holding our cute Anna girl.
Nicole
Post a Comment