This has been a busy week for our house. It is finally taking shape! The footings were formed on Friday and the plumber came on Saturday. Then he came back again on Sunday, because our house is the cool new place to hang out in the neighborhood. It seems the whole neighborhood is young families. Every night we have been down there a new family has come down to meet us. They are all super nice and friendly. Which I am excited about. But the plumber had been gone for maybe two hours when Neil and I got to the property Saturday night and the kids had used it as a jungle gym and broken the pipes. In order to pass our first inspection we have to prove that the house will hold water. So you have this pipe that is like 5 feet out of the ground which is connected to all the plumbing and you fill that pipe with water. So the inspector puts his hand in the pipe and if he feels water, you pass. Well that's the pipe the kids broke off. So all the water leaked out. So that is why he came back on Sunday. So we passed our first inspection on Monday and then the footings were poured. Then the poor plumber guy had to come back again on Tuesday because the concrete guys hit a pipe and again our water was gone. So finally I think the pipes are safe because yesterday the concrete guys came back out and poured the slab!!!!
I am starting to get sooooo excited about this house stuff. It is just more believable now that it is happening and I can see progress.
We are hoping the framing will start this weekend. So maybe by the end of next week we will have walls!!! Crazy!!!!
4 comments:
That is so cute. The name thing I mean. You should scrapbook that one. Cute shoes too.
Congratulations on your new house! It must be so exciting for you all. I know I'd be stoked. Its a little early I know, but let me know if you need anything painted ;) Alright, alright, I know if it was my house I'd want to paint it myself too so I'll let you off the hook :)
Does sound like a good day. Your house is coming up quick... yeah! i like the stained concrete idea. My hair dresser has that ty of floor in her salon and it is really neat looking. Cute idea on her name... her very own room instead of her very own shelf:) (gotta love granny)
JB
I am so excited for you guys! I love that you put Anna's name in her room. So cute!
Post a Comment