Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Extra Thankful This Year!

I love Thanksgiving! It is probably second to New Year's for me. There are no expectations except to eat lots of food. And if you time it right you can hit more than one house!
That is what we did this year. We started out at Dixie's. Which was extra fun because Jeff (Neil's cousin in the Coast Guard) got to spend a few days in Redding. It was Anna's first time meeting him. She thought he was pretty cool!
Then we went to my mom's to load up on more food and have dessert. In the midst of all the traveling and eating, Neil and I did Anna's footprint for the month. (She was two months old the day before Thanksgiving.) And I also took some cute pictures of her in her cute Thanksgiving outfit!Neil and I went with the gang to Mt Shasta on Saturday to get our Christmas tree. I can't wait to post pictures of it when we get it up. It is going to be great. Anna was pretty unconcerned about which tree we picked. We put her in her Snugli and carried her around. She stayed nice and warm and asleep the whole time. It was pretty crisp up there, but no snow!

The house now has shingles. And gutters. And the heating and cooling system is in. It is just cracking me up the order you do stuff in. Like one of the next things we have to do is put the shower insert in. It goes in before any drywall goes up. Why? You'll have to ask Neil.

Anna got to meet some more cousins this week. Eric and Liz were in town for the holiday so we got together at Aunt Denise's on Sunday. At one point while Uncle Jim was holding Anna in his rocking chair she started snoring. It was so cute. It was fun to get to just sit and talk to everyone!

I hope everyone had a great beginning to their holiday season and I look forward to checking posts and seeing pictures!

1 comment:

Zachary said...

Nice post, but where is your dancing elf video?