Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Halloween Pics 2009

We had several friends and lots of family come to our house from Halloween this year. Neil and I live in a pretty small neighborhood, so it was a nice little loop for the kiddos to make and get their candy. I asked Anna after she was done eating her dinner if she wanted to go get some candy? She had seen me put a big bowl by the front door and ran right over to it to get some out, but I stopped her and told her no we have to go get our own candy outside. She looked at me like I was crazy, but since there was candy involved, she ran and got her shoes! It was so cute. And the promise of candy was the only way I could get her to wear her scarf. Little punk! We ate hot dogs and chili for dinner and then headed out the door. At the first house we went to, Emily rang the door bell and when the gentleman opened the door, Emily walked right in. Made since to her, "Why would mom take me to a strangers house? We most know him." So funny! It took Anna awhile to warm up to the idea, but by the end she made sure her bag was open real big to get that candy in there.
This was the first year I have ever gone trick-or-treating, and it was really fun. Some of the houses got skipped though, because they REALLY got into the season. Yeah my kids 2 and that crap freaks me out! It was kind of fun though to get to see all of my neighbors. A lot of people walk out little loop, so even though I recognize them and say hello, I don't really know where they live. Kind of funny.
So here are some cute pictures of our little kiddos. It was fun to dress the girls in a trio again. Last year they were all Strawberry Shortcake girls, this year . . . Snap, Crackle and Pop! They were so cute. Of course!
Noah said that since I had made both his sister's costumes before, this year was his turn. He couldn't decide between a pickle, or Jack Skeleton. I think the pickle might have been easier. Heather poked around a lot of second hand stores for a suit, but in the end, because it was pen stripped, I ended up making that too. All in all, I thought it turned out pretty good. But the fun part for me was seeing Noah's face the first time he saw the costume. He seemed pretty pleased. One of the biggest things he wanted was a fake head. He DID NOT want to pant his head white or anything were you could see his face. So that made things a little harder. I ended up using a beachball as a template.
And this is my little "Abby Cadabby" I thought it would be so cute when people asked who she was to say "Abby". She is such a sweet happy little girl. Anna calls her "happy Abby".

4 comments:

Brenda said...

That picture of Abby is the cutest thing ever! You rocked at making that jack skeleton costume. You are so talented. The girls costumes were super adorable too.

Faith Klocke said...

Heather said: Thank you so much for making the costumes. Noah loved his. I am sure Hope did too. I realy don't think she cared what she was as long as she got candy.

Faith Klocke said...

this IS from faith: how come there isn't a picture of me on there?

Zachary said...

This is Zachary: how come there isn't a picture of me on there? Hey, I know I am a little late to comment, but cute pictures. I miss you guys!